Questions we are frequently asked 🙂
How long has BimaNet been in existence?
The BimaNet business model was conceptualised in 2012 but operations begun in November 2016 after 4 years of extensive research by the leadership team.
Is BimaNet an insurance company?
How is BimaNet regulated by the government?
How is BimaNet able to offer discounts of up to 75% and such value-for-money on their insurance benefits?
Linda Fanaka Questions
Questions answered about Linda Fanaka
What is Linda Fanaka?
- A 5-in-1 bundle of Insurance products and
- A Welfare Fund that augments these benefits.
What is included in the 5-in-1 Insurance Package?
- Life Policy
- Dignity Plus (Last Expense)
- Critical Illness
- Accidental Permanent Total Disability and Accidental
- Total Temporary Disability
- In-Hospital Cash Back pay-out
How does the Welfare Fund work?
- Doubles the sums assured by the underwriters and
- Pays a cash-back-bonus for every 3 consecutive claim free years.
Is Linda Fanaka a medical cover?
- Critical Illness Benefit: Unlike a medical insurance product which pays the hospital for your cost of treatment, this benefit pays the member a lump-sum amount upon being diagnosed with any of the specified critical illnesses in our policy guidelines. You may use this money to commence your treatment or offset any additional expenses associated with your recovery.
- In-Hospital Cash Back: This feature is designed to help you cope with the extra financial burden when your life is disrupted by hospitalisation. The money is paid directly into your account and you can use to cover the shortfall of your medical cover or take care of other expenses from your hospital bed.
Where can I get more information about the insurance benefits, the exclusions and other fine print (terms & conditions)?
What is the duration of cover?
How do I make a claim?
What happens if I die while my cover is still valid?
What happens if there is a delay in lodging a claim?
Can I have more than one life insurance policy?
How do I subscribe to the Linda Fanaka product?
- Copy of ID/Passport
- Proof of payment (e.g. deposit slip, EFT receipt, MPESA reference number, etc)
Is there a waiting period before the commencement of cover?
Admission to Linda Fanaka is immediate and there is no waiting period imposed.